Ads 468x60px

22.3.13

China Glaze Avant Garden Photos+Review

        China Glaze Avant Garden Spring 2013
         I picked up three colors from the new Spring Collection from  China Glaze at my local Ulta (they're buy two get one free this week, meaning that with the $3.50 off $10 coupon its cheaper than Sally's beauty!) 

The first color I got is a shimmery white called Dany Lyin' Around..
I tried this on and was really impressed with the opaqueness. I've found that china glaze polishes with shimmer are typically not streaky. Most china glaze polishes are thin which could be a factor helping them not be streaky. I only needed two coats for perfect opaqueness which is nice with anything but this is a WHITE! So that's really impressive. I almost always apply one thin coat and then one rather thick coat so if you apply all thin coats you could probably use three.
This is a lovely dark fucshia with super subtle blue shimmer. I started to swatch it and realized I have a polish that is extremely similar. So similar, in fact, that I am going to return this. It is nicely opaque in one medium-thick coat but I decided to not paint the rest of my nails since I am returning it. For the record the similar polish is Folly from Sinful Colors, it has no shimmer so I like the China Glaze color more, so if you do not already have a color like this I highly recommend it.
Fancy Pants is a rich grape purple with pinkish shimmer. It's extremely thin and takes two/three coats to be even (More likely two). I noticed that it dried faster than Dandy Lyin' Around- possibly because there is less shimmer. You don't need to use very thick coats to get this to be even. With Dandy Lyin' Around, you have to use rather thick coats to avoid having to do too many of them.

Overall: I found the collection to be a good combination of staples and unique colors; there are two halves, the pastels and the brights. I am not sure which color I will trade Snap My Dragon but I'll swatch it and post my review soon!

SWATCH TIME! :)
   goshhhH! I'm sorry I totally forgot to clean up around the edges, yucky, I'll do better next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text